Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Let's get back to the interviews, shall we?

Here is another viewpoint from a gal who I admire dearly. The quality and consistency of her manicures are what originally caught my attention. And I still can't figure out how she gets the polish to follow her cuticles so perfectly...!

Her name is Nihrida and here is her viewpoint on this subject:

*Why do you wear nail polish?
For many reasons, but mostly: it makes my nails pretty, i love colors & it's fun! =)

*What do you think about guys wearing it?
If they feel like it, why not. To each his own.

*Do you feel that there is a need for special nail polish for men?
No. It's not about having different nail polish for men and women, it's about spreading the idea of men wearing nail polish in the first place. I wear men's nail polish too.

*Do you think this trend for men will increase or decrease, and why?
Increase. People are more open minded about nail polish every day (''ugly'' colors, matte finishes...). I'm sure there are a lot of guys who were thinking of wearing nail polish, but didn't have the guts to do it. Maybe they'll come across your site and get their ''stones'' back. =D

*What do you like most about being able to share this interest with others (women and men)?
I met so many wonderful people because of my nail polish ''addiction''. And they're all over the world. I can now get nail polish from the other side of the world if I really want to.
And have I mentioned all the awesome people?!

*How do you decide what color to wear?
It usually depends on what I'm gonna wear (clothing & accesories) & how I feel.

*What are your most cherished colors or brands of nail polish?
Brands: China Glaze, BB Couture, Catrice, Essence
Colors: I'm a purple maniac with almost too many purples, now I'm on a green (teal) roll...but the most important colors in my collection are vampys and reds.

*About how much time per day or week do you spend on your nails (including nail care, swatching and polishing)?
Too much. =)

*About how often do you get a professional pedicure or manicure?
Never.

*Do you have any advice for someone who is new to this?
Read nail polish blogs and join Make Up Alley's Nail Board.

Thanks for asking me, Jake!


And thank you Nihrida. It's always great to talk with someone who is also passionate about this stuff!

You can read more from Nihrida at her blog site: nihrida.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww... you rock, Jake! =D
    And I'd just have one comment on the last question. Well, my answer to be precise. I'm not really so sure ''newcomers'' should join MUA's Nail Board. It could make them run in the other direction - depends on if they stumble upon good or bad nail board-ers. ;)

    ReplyDelete